About Xiangya School of Medicine.
—Table of Contents—
- Overview-Xiangya Medical College
- About Xiangya School of Medicine
- Admission to Xiangya
- Programs for Overseas students
- Tuition and accommodation Fee Structure
- Hostel Facilities
- Campus Life
- Internship at Xiangya Medical College
Introduction to Xiangya Medical College
Central South University Xiangya Medical College, formerly known as Hunan Medical University is located in Changsha, the capital of Hunan Province in China. It was established in 1914 as one of the earliest Western medical universities in China. In 1996, it was listed in the “211 project” by the Ministry of Health.
In order for the university to conform to the trend of Chinese college educational reform, three institutions (Central South Industrial University, Changsha Railway Medical College and Hunan Medical University) were merged to form Xiangya Medical School in April 2000.
The school is one of the two medical schools in China where the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME) and the International Medical Education (IIME) simultaneously carried out two standard pilot studies. It is also one of the 5 medical schools used as the test-batch for the 8-year medical education system in China.
The Xiangya School of Medicine currently has six colleges.
- College of Pre-clinical Medicine
- College of Stomatology
- School of Public Health
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Life Sciences
- College of Nursing
Xiangya Affiliated Hospitals
It has three affiliated hospitals namely: The First Xiangya Hospital, The Second Xiangya Hospital and The Third Xiangya Hospital. The medical school also has two non-affiliated hospitals including;
- Haikou People’s Hospital (Central South University Xiangya School of Medicine Affiliated Haikou Hospital) Note: Located in Hainan, Guangdong Province.
- Hunan Cancer Hospital (The Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University) Note: Located in Changsha, Hunan Province.
In addition, it has eight clinical teaching hospitals, 24 teaching locations, 110 departments, 83 research departments and 11 research institutes.